Monday 13 June 2011

Trying something new...

...I have finally got round to having a go on my evenweave (or linen) not sure which it is (lol), however I really should finish my other projects first. I was itching to have a go though I got some great advice from mouse, who sews some gorgeous things!!

So here is a pic of how its going, I have even attempted to adapt a pattern out of this months Cross Stitch Crazy magazine:



I must admit I am finding it quite tricky compared to aida, but I wont give in - just yet anyway!!

I have also made my fathers day cards, one for Ian off the boys and one for my father in law - its my second year without my dad - but smiling as I type this because I know he's with me :-).

Ok, here's my father in laws:

He loves his garden and thought this image was great for him, it has been colourerd with promarkers and I have distressed the edge of the image with Tim Holtz inks. The papers are Basic Grey and the erm not sure what it is called but the string type ribbon is from my stash.

I would like to enter this into:
Cupcake Craft Challenge: boy oh boy oh boy
Crazy 4 challenges: masculine.
Stamptacular - dads/grads
Little Claires - Cards for men

Here is Ians:


I would like to enter this into:

LOTV - anything goes

The image is a pre coloured one from LOTV, again onto Basic Grey Papers, I have die cut the letters and added card candy from my stash.


Lastly, my eldest has gone to France with the School today for a week, I dont think I've looked at the clock so much wondering where they are - they are due to go on Eurostar at 4.30 and thats the only bit I'm worried about!! I'm not worried about anything else as I know he will have a fab time he was sooooo excited to be going, infact he couldn't wait to go - no cuddles though before boarding the bus they had to be obtained at home prior to leaving - lol - that wouldnt be cool!!! He was slightly worried I would cry - but I held it together!!!

Thanks for looking (and reading my waffling!!)

Ali
x

12 comments:

  1. Aww Ali, I bet your son is going to have a fantastic time. You however, will be counting down the days till his back at home, I know that feeling :0)

    I love your stitching project, looks very neat. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy fab cards good luck with your cross stitch too hope your son has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali :) I think you are working on linen from my peek and you are doing a lovely job :) well done lass for tackling it :) ooo your cards are gorgeous ... think it is Hessian trim you've used think I need to come to you for lessons on them ..lol ... take care and happy stitching love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous FD cards Ali, love the images and papers. Your cross stitch looks beautiful, love the colours, stick with the evenweave, it does get easier I promise. Hope your son has a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. Thanks for joining us at cupcake this week. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just keep on waffling and I will keep on reading. I need a bit of sanity at the moment dealing with 'Life with Mother' but not as we know it. Has been moaning today cos her pills are making her sleepy. Gez. give to me i'll take em!!! Praps I can get her some happy pills instead. Right enough said about Mother. Gorgeous cards. Both very different. Sure Faye will know what the stuff is called!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fab card Ali, great colours and design. Thanks for joinig us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Thanks for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masucline cards! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Ali and your cross stitch is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards. The image to dad is so fun!!

    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!

    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous male cards. I love all the little details. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete