Saturday 9 March 2013

Hellooooo blogland....

...it was all going so well!!!  Busy with cards and a bit of stitching and then poof - my mojo went - just like that!!!  Nightmare.  So from being organised with an early mothers day card - I've just made my second one half an hour ago - talk about leaving it until the last minute - gah!!  Not to be recommended.

So I'll try and get a few piccies up of thing I have done/been up to since I last blogged, grab a cuppa and off we go...

erm, think I'll work from most recent first - so here is my second Mothers day card:




I have used a cutie LOTV image - coloured with promarkers with some glitter pen and glossy accents added to the flower centre.  I have matted it onto peachy coloured card (both cut with my nesties), then matted again onto dp (not sure of make) and more peachy card.  I bit the bullet and stamped the sentiment straight onto the paper - convinced I was going to bodge it up - but I didnt phew!  Then added ribbon, button and pearly type things (very technical I know) from my stash.  Considering I had no ideas on what I wanted it to look like I am quite pleased with it.

I would like to enter it into:
Lilies little fairies - a card for mum
Crafts for eternity - marvellous mums
Stamping for the weekend - use lace
Totally Gorjuss - for mum

On Thursday it was world book day - oh lordy - parents throughout the land sigh as that means for the kids to go to school dressed as their favourite book character - makes it a  bit more difficult  when you dont want to fork out for anything  - anyhoo, Tom wanted to go as Tom from Beast quest:


Okaaay - not many pictures in the book to go from so this is what we put together -   I made a tunic out of an old pillowcase, black trousers and top, big boots and then dad came to the rescue to make the sword and shield.  Luckily it all stops when they go to seniors - Jack was relieved - however that was short lived when we got an email from his school to say for Red Nose day they can go in onsies - lol - I dont think Jack will be going in one judging from his reaction - fine by me means I dont have to go and buy one!!

Erm, what else - oh yes it was Ians uncles birthday - this was his card:



Again a Lotv image - coloured with promarkers and glossy accents added to the beer glass, matted onto kraft paper the dp's are dovecraft I think - again matted onto craft paper.  With a freebie sentiment printed and matted.

I would like to enter this into:

Sweet stampin - for man or boy

Lastly a stitchy photo:




The little bunny in the card was a freebie from a magazine - and its proved quite popular I've seen a few posts where lovely ladies have stitched it - I've put it in the card aperture for now (not glued) but thinking I might frame it instead - when I get a bit more time I'll have a proper look.  The sweet strawberry chart was a freebie from here I dont think it links to the actual chart - but you'll be able to find it from there I think, if not give me a shout and I'll find a better link.  Lastly the small alphabet sampler is a Bent Creek design that I got from a stitchy show last year - didnt realise it but it has different stitches on it - not just cross stitch - should be able to suss it out though.

Right I think thats it - off to do a bit of ironing before the Rugby starts.  Have a great weekend, thanks for staying this long to read :-) xxx


Ali
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely cards :-) And what a fab costume! Love the stitching- thanks for the link- I really loved stitching that Margaret Sherry bunny. Laura x (strawberrymousecrafts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you! Loving your stitching and Tom looks great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card would be perfect for a Father's Day card. Thank you for calling in at Sweet Stampin' this week. DebbieX

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you have been busy! Lovely cards & stitchery. I've made a few cards but lately my Mojo has gone AWOL. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, beautiful cards Ali. Love the Mother's Day one ( I only got Mum's finished last night!! shame on me) Sweet stitching too.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mother's Day card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at c4e this week. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh....I thought you'd left the country! But you're back....hoozah....n' loving all your snaps. Lurv that first card the bestest & thank goodness those World Book Day sagas are over!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards and the sweet strawberry design is so pretty. Well done on the WBD costume, DS wanted to go as fantastic mr fox...that was a challenge without spending ££££'s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet male card - gorgeous image and papers! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete