Saturday 16 March 2013

In the words of Britney....

... oops I did it again!!!!  Yup, another leave it till the last minute job!!!  Will I ever learn???  It's my lovely mums birthday today and I only finished the card Thursday night (with a little extra glue needed Friday a.m.).



The dp has been matted onto purple bazzil card, the image is a Jelly Park  I hadnt heard of these before until I saw a share on Facebook - they have some lovely images, so it would have been rude not to grab a couple!!  The image is coloured with promarkers and die cut, the sentiment is a craftwork cards and then some of Martha's butterflies punched out and a little pearl added to them.

Might have a little nosy later to see if there are any challenges I could add this to :-)

Are you still here????  oooh good - because I've got something new to share:



I've joined a crafty subscriber club (always good to do when your mojo has gone walkabout!!) - its called Crafty Creatives and it costs £10pm plus p&p and you get a box full of goodies on a different theme - this month the theme was Steampunk.

Do you want to have a look what I got this month:


The kit this month was a little trinket box to decoupage - so the papers, cogs and chain were included with instructions on what you could do.


Next there were some off cuts of leather, a large piece of tweed type fabric with a fleck through it - some leather cord and some wire, some little charms and a steampunk art card.

Oops sorry the picture is the wrong way round, but this is some foil, charms, spacers and some crackle glaze.

Lots of newness there to play with.  Somethings I havent a clue what to do/make but it adds to the excitement of what you 'could' do (if you know what I mean - lol).  At Crafty Creatives they have a great blog that offers ideas and on the back of the art card gives little suggestions what things could be used for.

Well, as soon as I saw the fabric - I knew what I wanted to do and that was make an owl cushion - not very steampunk I know - hmmm could make him a monacle lol.  So thats what I am off to do now- I've found an owl pattern so with my scissors in hand I am off!!

Thanks for looking and I'll let you know how I get on :-) 

Ali
xx




4 comments:

  1. The image on that card looks just like me, minus the mud everywhere....lol.
    Good for you getting outta your comfort zone with your crafty goodies...wayyyy too scarey for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the image on your card and the colours you have put together on it. Have thought about that club before but done nothing. Will see how you get on. You can be my guinea pig!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, the image is really sweet. Can't wait to see what you make.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card for your mum and your box of goodies looks loads of fun x

    ReplyDelete