Friday 16 August 2013

Phew ... that was close...

Oh dear I thought I had measured this material correctly and even got hubby to double check me - but we went wrong somewhere:



My Z is about an inch away from the edge of the fabric!!!  I was having a slight panic that it wasnt going to fit, so I just did the stitches I needed to to see where my last stitches would be - phew, it just to say made it!!  Still cant get my head around how if I started from the middle I have ample room at one end and not the other - I think I'll blame the pattern - it was split in two so yeah I'll blame that.






Now that I know it fits I'll go back and finish it properly (as I had lost heart in it when I thought it wasnt going to fit).

Thanks for looking 

Ali
xxx



4 comments:

  1. Gosh, that was lucky! It would be awful to find you had run out of room after all that work. It's beautiful, by the way. It's been a while since I did any cross stitch - the pattern you've chosen is really nice. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Ali, and yer blame the pattern. Lol You cracked it though, it looks brilliant. You've definitely got some patience girl, I have loads of half done pieces....I'll have to give them to you to finish off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful stitching so pleased you managed to fit it all in - I would have been heart broken after all that work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! That was lucky it would have been such a shame as it is so lovely.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete