Tuesday 16 August 2011

Isn't it spooky...

... when you have an idea in your head and then the perfect challenge comes up. Well, that is what happened with this card - I'd had the image for ages that one of the girls (sorry cant remember who - oops!!) from MSE had sent me. I also had the map image downloaded for a while and while I was sorting through my images had the idea of putting them together, but wasnt sure how it would work out from my brain to paper - iykwim!! because sometimes things get lost along the way - lol.



Not sure if I have over done it with the distress inks??? The card blank is an 8x8 from a £1 stall at the pins & needles fair. The brilliant treasure map was from Spyders blog (thank you) with ribbon from my stash - the image has been coloured with promarkers and a little silver pen on the knife blade and buckles - he has been 3d sticky squared on so he stands proud of the map a little bit - doesnt show too well in the photo.

I am really pleased with how it has turned out - now my son wants a treasure map printing - hmm wonder where he is going to find the gold - aaaarrrr - sorry couldnt resist - lol.

I would like to enter this into:
Creative craft world - for a child
passion for promarkers - a pirates life.
Cards for men - anything goes (not sure if you are allowed 2 entries so I can easily remove it if not)

Thanks for looking.

Ali
xx

18 comments:

  1. Haaaarrrh love it! What fun! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali - what a totally fab card - love the map and the pirate image just suits is perfectly. I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Ali, love the map and cute pirate. Thank you for joining us again at Cards for Men, you certainly can enter more than once so good luck with the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fab Pirate card Ali, and the inking looks perfect to me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is great. Perfect shaped card for this cute little guy and his map too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owwwwwww Arrrrrr shiver me timbers that is a cute card !!
    Thanks for sharing your creation at Creative Craft World for our, 'For a Child' challenge.

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhh aaaarrrrr hohoho!! Love what you've done!! I just might have to borrow it!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab Ali! Great little pirate and your map is the perfect touch :o) Lisa x

    PS. Thanks for joining in at PFP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that map - a very cute card.

    Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep this is a fabulous card,I love the map and the little pirate looks more cute than menacing lol...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is a pirate map without distress? It looks good to me. You did a great job putting the two images together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Thanks for joining in at CCW!
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ali, what a brilliant card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. The treasure map looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahoy there Ali..loving the treasure map :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete