Tuesday 2 August 2011

Squeezing another post in...

... been to Whitby today with a friend and her boys we both forgot change for the car park so couldnt stay as long as we wanted - DOH!!! Remembered the camera and forgot to take photos - DOUBLE DOH!!!

Any hoo, home now and psyching myself up to start the ironing but this is far more important - lol just a couple of cards to blog and enter into challenges:

The first for one of the young men we were out with today - little Leo who is a cutie:



The backing paper could be Basic Grey??? The image was a free Molly Bloom Stamp with a magazine which has been coloured with pro-markers I added his age to the balloon and then 3d clear gloss finished it - then punched some circles and used alphabet stickers for his name.

I would like to enter this into:

The stamping boutique - for a young male
Cupcake - how old?
I love promarkers - anything goes


My next card - grr - I got the LOTV image with a magazine and I love, love, love this image and coloured it not badly I though until I did the dog and didnt like the colour and thought oh if I use the blender it might lighten it a bit gah!!! it bled terribly so to try and rescue it I cut the image out - anyhoo see what you think about how I have tried to salvage it:



The paper is Basic Grey, I then die cut the centre out which I then stuck to the back inside of the card, the image was coloured with promarkers. I have then added peach flowers and cream flowers which I again used my promarkers on to match her apron and then pearls from my stash to hide a little mark from where I had removed a sentiment that I had put on and then didnt like - honestly sometimes I dont know when to leave things alone!!!

I would like to enter this into:

I love promarkers - anything goes
Allsorts - free & easy
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

hmm do you think this could be classed as monochromatic???

Thanks for looking

Ali
xx

19 comments:

  1. You sound just like me taking a camera and forgetting to actually use the thing LOL.

    Fantastic cards and if you hadn't told us about the second one I would have swore you intended it to look like that all along - it's lovely.
    Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well both these are fab, but the second is really pushing my buttons. What a brilliant rescue. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Ali, brilliant thinking with the image on the second card, I tend to strop and throw things away, your solution is far better :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards I love the second one the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous, love your solution for the second card!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab cards,Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers -Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. some beautiful cards you've made there Ali :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 lovely cards, and a very clever solution to using your image that had bled :) I like your style! :D

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 gorgeous cards! Kids love personal cards so much and this one is so cute. Great solution for the image which bled- nobody would ever know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Love them both, but the little guy is my favorite! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Oh what a cute card, love the bright colours! Thanks for joining in the How Old challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards both of them, but the little girl on the swing is gorgeous. Great lo!
    Thanks for joining Allsorts for our last Free and Easy july challenge. Good luck and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant rescue, quite inspired love the colours you've used & yes could be monochromatic xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cards Ali,the images are sweet and love the colours, the papers are delish.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful design and such a lovely colour combination...thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I forgot to thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. great cards Ali, lovely
    thanks for joining the stamping boutique challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creation, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, these are fabulous! Love the design and papers you used! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete