Monday 1 August 2011

Week 2 in the big brother house....

... and the children are still getting on - wow - no arguments/whinging lets hope it continues for the rest of the holidays :-) .

Hope you are all well, and those off with the kids are surviving!!!

Right what have I managed to squeeze in:

Well I won a couple of candys huge thanks to Rainmac & Janey xxx

A little bit of retail therapy at Kandipandis folksy store. With one of the super kits to start patchwork that I'd admired before but as soon as they are in the store they are whipped up straight away:


The kit is amazing value with everything you need to get started, full instructions and the sweetest little sewing kit - erm I just need to get my bum in gear and have a go - so at the moment it is on my to do pile but I keep getting it out and having a little stroke - lol.

Check out Kandis store there are some gorgeous things there.

What else, oh yes eldest son went to scout camp and had a fab time which left some time for youngest to have some one to one time with his dad and then me when I wasnt at work - so we got the train to York to go to the railway museum (Tom was in charge of the camera so here are a couple of his pics. from the hundreds he took - lol and I'm gutted to say he is a better photographer than me!!)
Oh I'd love to have lived in that era. (I would of had to have been rich though!)


And of course the Minster:

A quick nip into York for lunch and then supposedly a mooch round the shops him Disney store - me Cath Kidston/crafty shop - but strangely his tummy started to hurt after the Disney store so I never got to CK hmmm me thinks his dad has been giving him lessons - his back used to start hurting whenever we went shopping ;-) . Oh well maybe next time.

Right, I am nearly done honestly!!

A quick pic of a card I have made for a party that Tom is going to soon:



It is a LOTV square cut image (pre coloured) matted onto gingham paper and plain blue card - it doesnt show to well on the photo but the blue card is raised up on 3d sticky squares.

I would like to enter this into:

Cards for Men - clean & simple

Phew, got the post done before hubby comes in - right best make a start on the tea and look like I have been busy.

Thanks for looking

Ali
xx

5 comments:

  1. ooooo if I had known may have been able to pop up to see you in york :) brill photos though the little on took well done :) love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Ali....and the piccies are super too..!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all have had a fab time lately :). Love the card, that image is so great for boys. Fancy being quilting buddies? I want to give it a try too, and am going to have a good look out in the States for tips and advice and gorgeous materials, so will share any info I find if you like xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been having a good summer holiday so far, fabby pics of York and a gorgeous CAS card. Love the layout and image. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and you look like you had fun
    Thanks for joining in with my Clean & Simple Challenge this week at Cards For Men and good luck
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete